In a 3-ring binder or single PDF submitted via Moodle (preferred mode) with an identifying file name or label on the cover or side; the “Binder” label that includes the following:
- Your name
- The date, semester, and year you registered for the internship
- The name of the internship organization
The first page inside the cover should be a Table of Contents; use Tabs for each section, labeled as follows:
- Internship Contract signed by all three parties
- Letter of Evaluation (signed and on letterhead) from your site supervisor (see Factsheet for Site Supervisor (Page 4)
- Theory-to-Practice Paper:
- Specs: 5-pages + reference page; 12-point Times Roman font; 1½ spacing; 1" margins
- Cover Page: Name, current date, semester registered, number of credits
- Project: Name of company; general description of the project; purpose/objectives
- Process: What you did and what foundational theories of adult education and/or human resource development guided your project and how they were used; include citations; address each step listed on your contract
- Outcome: Results of evaluation and assessment of the project; extent to which objectives were achieved
- Conclusions: What you might have done differently, next steps, future applications
- References: in APA format
- Time Log of time spent on specific activities (round up to the nearest ½ hour); be sure you keep track of activities according to categories noted in the internship contract and be sure the total time is appropriate for the number of credits.
- Appendices detailing the products or processes you developed. If there are several, include an additional Table of Contents identifying each product or process. If necessary, use a pseudonym for names, confidential information, or proprietary materials (see the Faculty Coordinator listed on this page if the organization has other requirements regarding confidentiality).
You will be notified by email when your project has been evaluated.
Note: If you send a hardcopy “Binder” You may pick it up from Burton Hall 204 within one full semester following completion. If you choose not to pick it up, the contents will then be shredded.